Well, I don’t know if I’d exactly call it “bliss,” but it has been one year that I have been the “official” owner of this domain. I remember feeling totally excited and grown up when I was on the verge of purchasing it, and I thought, “Well, we’ll see what happens, and if it’s interesting enough, I’ll renew it when it comes up…” And now, here we are, a year later.
Anyway, it’s been ages since I’ve written, and I really should do something about that. My friend Chris writes nearly every day, and I feel extreme guilt that I do not do the same. I’m thinking my problem is many-fold, in that, I get too sidetracked with other ridiculous things (damn you, Facebook games), and generally, my blog-thinking time is when I’m in bed. Since my main priority these months in respect to bed time actually is consumed with passing out or thinking about work-related items, I’m afraid I’ll have to start blog-thinking at other times of the day.
So, in honor of my year anniversary, rather than complaining or writing about the adventures in the Ladies’ Room (I’ve actually got a good post on that, floating in my head), I’m doing a post on things that I currently like. And, since you know I’m a fan of lists, here it is:
Things I Like (For Now, At Least):
- The fact that the guy in the grocery store called me “Miss.” I don’t think I’ve been considered a “Miss” in quite some time now, apart from the fact that it puts me in Old Maid territory, so, this was a smile-inducing moment.
- Autumn. In addition to the fact that I can actually sleep at night since it is below 138 degrees, there’s also apples, foliage, running to the store at 9:30 at night to buy vanilla ice cream because the apple kuchen you’ve just made is warm and would be much better with the accoutrement, the forthcoming Holiday Season, and trying to figure out what to wear because it’s too cool for Summer clothing and too hot for sweaters. Autumn is good. And it sounds much better than “Fall.”
- This guy in the gym. Holy Jesus. I don’t know if you’ve ever had one of those moments when you look at a person, and by golly, just like in the movies and storybooks, it’s like your heart stops. This has only happened ONCE to me before, and this was a close second. Maybe because it’s already happened once, it loses its charm the second time around, but, man oh man. I’m guessing that this gentleman gets this sort of slack-jawed and dazed confusion type of reaction all the time, and I’m hoping that mine was not as un-cool as I suspect it was.
- Now this one is a bit ridiculous, but I’ll say it anyway. I think it’s going to be very temporarily a “thing I like”, but for now, it’s good. I’ve finally gotten access to be able to work from home. I am not against the general idea of staying late to finish work, but the fact is, I get up at the #$%@(!! crack of dawn just to get there early, so (let’s say it together) I can leave early. It’s like a whole level of guilt has been removed from my shoulders, and, it has the added benefit of relieving some stress that my desk is becoming a Hell Hole of Disaster.
- Cavatelli. This will be on my list of Things I Like Forever, and I don’t think I need to explain my reasoning. If you don’t know what it is, I’m sorry to say that your life is bereft of all meaning, and you should remedy this, immediately.
- And lastly, this commercial. It makes me laugh every time I see it, and, while I don’t really think I “feel” that the “transparency” link is quite right, I don’t care, because it’s damned funny.
Thanks to all who have supported me in this effort, and here’s to a new year of (hopefully more consisting posting in) pazzacate.com. Cheers!
P.S. Just thought I should add…. since the start of pazzacate.com, I’ve written 66 “glorious” posts (hmmm… that’s not such a great number), published one book, obtained an actual job (hence, the 66 posts…. damn you, needing money to survive!), and written another book, which I hope to publish before the year anniversary for my first book hits. This all should have been in the opening paragraphs, but, oh well.